THERE ARE NO BARRIERS TO SUCCESS
We understand the products’ internals and how to expand usage horizons.
Sparx Services has more twenty years experience in working with the tools and knows the internal mechanisms and extension points that can augment the products’ base functionality.
More important is our knowledge of how to configure the tool to solve a wide-range of requirements without the need for technical extensions – thus utilising the tools inbuilt functionality saving time and money.
We use Enterprise Architect itself to specify, design and build the extensions to the product using all the powerful modelling tool mechanisms to ensure the extension is fit for purpose, robustly built and tested and most importantly provides value to your stakeholders.
We are committed to providing value to you and will work tirelessly to ensure that you deliver positive outcomes to your stakeholders. The following are some of the ways you will benefit from this service:
- We have years of experience across a range of industries
- We have seen what works and more importantly what doesn’t
- We have a toolkit of patterns and model structures
- We are experts in our field and will pass knowledge onto your teams
- We won’t rest until you are completely satisfied
We understand that sometimes getting consultants from outside can be disruptive to teams so that’s why have devised ways to ensure we add immediate value. The following describes the general way we work:
- We start with a brief phone to ensure we have organisational alignment and understand the context
- Then we proceed to a face-to-face meeting or video call to understand the domain more fully
- We then provide a proposal and quotation and this may be iterated over a number of times
- Once accepted we commence work either on-site or remotely and meet key team members
- We report on progress regularly and do progress presentations to the team and sponsors
- Even when the engagement is complete we will support your teams
Ken is the repository librarian and spends 10% of his project time on ensuring the corporate knowledge contained in the Enterprise Architect models is not only up-to-date and correct but is well formed and useful for the project teams who have come to rely on it. The new enterprise architect had decided to change some of the classification of applications including the business criticality and he redefined the values for life cycle management to align with corporate metadata.
Ken suddenly had to find a way to update over 2,500 applications and their related services with the new properties. He engaged Sparx Services who provided a boxed solution in the form of an add-in that could be easily configured to perform a bulk update. A dry-run was done on a test repository and when the results were checked it was run on the production repository. Ken estimated it probably saved him a couple of days of work, much of which would have been manual.
Sound good? Get in touch
Sparx Services helped us integrate our geospatial architecture with the main enterprise models allowing us to integrate at strategic and data levels.
We were able to revitalise our architecture office and get some real value by getting the repository setup correctly including a robust and pragmatic metamodel. The Sparx team also imported data from a range of other systems.
Sparx moved us from a spreadsheet based application catalogue and interface list to a robust repository that allows us to graphically visualise and analyse things like cost and value with Prolaborate.
The consultants at Sparx helped us simplify a very complex set of business processes by introducing us to the Decision Modeling Notation and removing complex gateways from our processes – the process diagram churn has stopped.